Sunday, October 21, 2012

The great pumpkin carve

 Isla's first Halloween is just around the corner, so we thought we'd get a few pumpkins and do some carving.  We were going to let Isla carve her own, but after she nearly chopped her hand off with the carving knife, we decided to do it for her.  Yes, I'm joking.  You don't think I'd give an 8 month old a knife do you?  Especially after the disaster she caused with the chainsaw we gave her to play with.  We're not idiots, after all.

Anyway,  here is a little pictorial of our pumpkin carving day:



We then roasted and ate the seeds. If you haven't done it before, they're gorgeous!  A little salt and oil and roast them in the oven.
Yes, I know it's a mess...but, they're supposed to be, yes?

The two perched on the mantle.

Isla's favourite cartoon character: Lau Lau from Waybuloo.  BULOOOOOOOOOOO....
Oh, and Barry has a lot of time on his hands so this is his latest creation below.  We are doing Thriller in Zumba up to Halloween and he decided to do this to show his support.  Of course, he had to pick the worst and sweatiest pic of me!  Oh, what I wouldn't have given to be MJ when I was little...and now, I am!  Lookin' well Zumba Zombies!

No comments:

Post a Comment