Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Still chillin' and wedding reminisicing in the good 'ol U.S. of A.

So, four months have past since our wedding and I'm still in the good 'ol U.S. of A. here waiting on my EEA Family Permit Application to be approved.  First, I was saying that I'll be in Ireland by the end of December.  Then, it was the end of January and now, hopefully, it will be by the end of February.  Advice to anyone in my situation: Estimate a date you want to leave, then add on another few months to actually get it done.  Sheesh. 

Anyway, I've not seen my DH since we returned from our honeymoon on October 2, 2010 and I miss him.  Yes, I see him over Skype every night, but it is not the same.  So, I was tired of missing him and of the stress of the move and the waiting and decided to look over our wedding photographs, just for a little pick me up.  I've posted the ones below that are a few of my favorites that some of which I don't think I've posted before.  These photographs were taken by my friends and family at the wedding. 


I have no idea which of my friends and family members took this photograph, but it is one of my favorites and also the photograph that was used by the Derry Journal and Belfast Sunday Life paper when they profiled our "love story" and my book.  I know it wasn't heard by our guests, but I think I talked to Barry the majority of the time we were standing at the alter and I honestly actually have no idea what The Rev Stef was saying at the time.  I think right about this time, I was saying something like, "Everyone is staring at us."  And, Barry responded, "Huh?"


This photograph above was taken by my Maid of Honor, Kimberly.  I love this one, too because it was such a spur of the moment snap shot on the way from the ceremony to the reception.  This is also the photograph the Belfast Sunday Life used when they profiled our love story and my book.

Above: The majority of the guest disposable cameras didn't turn out well, but this one did.  I love that it looks like a vintage snapshot with the foggy appearance of it.  This was after our silent movie played and we were finally introduced into the reception. I remember being so thirsty, I couldn't wait to sit down and get a drink of water.

Above: This is of me and my brother, Joe, who was also Barry's best man.  This was right before the photographer told him to pretend like he was strangling me, as to make for a good photograph.  Personally, being my younger brother, I think it was an action that Joe had fantasized about for a long time.


Above: This photograph was taken at the reception.  The feather girls and I were getting our Zumba on.

 Above: The rental company gave us the wrong car.  We were supposed to get a PT Cruiser since our wedding was a 1920's theme and the PT Cruiser is reminiscent of a 1920's car.  Well, they had none the day we went to pick it up, so we settled for an Impala instead.  To top it off, the Just Married magnets I bought didn't quite fit on the car, but we made it work. 

 Above: Cody, the ring bearer was getting his grove on dancing at the reception.  I like this picture because he reminds me of Tom Cruise in Risky Business.


Above: This is Barry's groom's cake.  We actually had this cake the night before the wedding at our Irish-themed rehearsal dinner.


Above:  Jenny, Barry's niece, was one of our Feather Girls.  We called them Feather girls instead of flowers because they threw feathers down the aisle.  I love this photograph because she is looking so sweet and innocent as she stares at our 1920's movie poster.

Above: Here I am with my two Feather Girls, Jenny and Madison, and my Junior Bridesmaid, Carrie.  We're just waiting for the reception to begin.
Above: My niece, Madison, another Feather Girl, looking oh so shy.

Below is the silent movie Barry and I created to further our 1920's theme.  We played this before we were announced into the reception.

No comments:

Post a Comment