Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Winter Wonderland

I've decorated our house and the shop a bit early for Christmas this year.   Actually, I did it just a few days after Halloween.  I figured I might as well since Thanksgiving isn't a holiday here and because I'm going home for Christmas...otherwise I wouldn't be able to enjoy the decorations.  I realize the first week of November is incredibly early, but lucky for me, I'm not the one who has had to listen to people give us a hard time about decorating the shop for Christmas so early...Barry is since he's down there most of the time anyway.  Oh well...I'm spreading the Christmas cheer a little early this year!  Ha!  Take that...yeah!  I'll show you some pics here but don't get your hopes up on how elaborate the decorations are because they're not!  They were all bought at the pound shop...so, they may appear quite cheesy.  Enjoy this Derry winter wonderland.

If you turn your head to the right and try to see how the image is supposed (frickin' blogger) to appear you will see pretty stickers on the soda fridge.  I feel the Christmas spirit already. I think I need to sing as I finish the rest of this blog post. "Rockin' around the Christmas tree..."

I hope Santa leaves us something good in these stockings!  "Sleigh bells ring are you listening..."

Who doesn't love snowmen and Christmas tree stickers on a window!?  "In the meadow we can build a snowman..."

And what could possibly make a display of crisps (chips) more festive than a red bow?  "Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way..."

Ah...the best part:  Red and gold foil jingle bells taped to the ceiling in key places to add to the holiday charm.  "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire..."
Our mini Christmas tree in our flat.  "Have a holly jolly Christmas..."

Our intricately hand-designed stockings.  One for me, Barry, Charlie and Fox.  "These three kings..."
Okay...singing done for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment