Monday, January 16, 2012

The end is near

It's been well over two weeks since my last post, which likely tells you I've been busy.  Yes, busy to say the least.  After spending nearly four weeks home in West Virginia, I arrived back in Derry to a heap of work.  Mostly this work consisted of preparing for Baby Concannon, but some of it was helping go through the stock from what was left of the shop.  The shop Barry had to close while I was away in America because the economy sucks now.  Only one of many shops in Derry that has closed recently.

Anyway, as I was saying, the majority of this work consisted of baby prep.  How could something that weighs between 6 and 9 pounds require soooooo much stuff?  By the way, I'm hoping it weighs on the lower end of that...ouchie!  Prams to put together (strollers for my American peeps), bouncers, cradles, washing all the baby clothes, towels, socks, blankets in gentle detergent (and drying all these baby clothes without a tumble dry), packing my bag and the baby bag, doctor appointments, prenatal classes...the list could go on and on.  Oh, and on top of all that, the baby was breech and we had an ECV performed last week to flip the baby.  The baby DID flip, however, it has flipped back around to breech again.  I have a feeling this won't be the last headache this wee child causes Barry and I.  Hopefully baby decides to flip back to the proper position, but with three weeks left, chances are not looking good.  I so don't want a c-section!

Here I am before the ECV.  You can't tell it in the photo, but I'm shitting myself with nerves here.  Not literally shitting myself, but you know what I mean.


On top of baby stuff, I've started back with Zumba classes for 2012 after the Christmas holidays (where my class hopes and prays the baby doesn't shoot outta me like a spitball while I'm teaching and start Salsa-ing across the stage).  And, it was in these classes where I heard a rumor about me which went something along the lines of "the instructor down at Pilot's Row is fat."  I'm the instructor at Pilot's Row.  Luckily, the person that said that was corrected and was told I wasn't fat, I was nearly 9 months pregnant.  I've come to learn that rumors spread in this town quicker than a California wildfire and some of them are quite funny actually.  Barry heard a rumor the other day that he had closed the shop and moved to America.  We got a kick outta that one, especially since they knew I was here.  So basically, the rumor was that he was in America and I was in Derry...that we had just switched places haha. Oh, and I just helped organize and instruct a Zumbathon this past Saturday, so if I didn't mention it before, I've been busy.

Anyway, as I was saying, the end is near.  And, I'm not talking about the end of the Mayan calendar, which I believe is December 21, 2012 although I'm not sure, I guess I could Google that date, but I couldn't be bothered to be honest.  No, the end I'm referring to is pregnancy.  Just 3 weeks to go til we meet this little breech booger.  And, here's a photo timeline of my bump.
About five months along here.

About seven months here.
About seven and a half months.
Nearly eight months here.
32 weeks here.  

37 weeks here.
37 weeks at the Zumbathon this past Saturday.
As I review these photos, I find myself disgusted at how fat my arms have gotten.  And, my roots need done.

3 comments:

  1. Too cute. Too funny. Soon, you'll be able to see your feet, again. Hugs and I'm sending good vibes that baby flips to the correct position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your as cute as a button...our son was the same way,I had to have a section....no big deal,honest!!! All the best,Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look amazing!!! Good thoughts your way :)

    ReplyDelete