Monday, February 27, 2012

Devil thy name is colic

Two weeks after moving in to our new digs, we finally have the last box unpacked.  Thank God!  That was the longest two weeks eva!  Little Isla definitely makes herself a priority.  She made sure she came before any unpacking was done.  She also makes sure she wakes up and screams right as we're getting ready to eat dinner.  Barry and I now eat in shifts. Which brings me to another topic:  Colic.  Colic = the Devil.  It appears our Isla has become, over the past four days, a bit of a colicky baby, which yes sucks for us because we have to endure the crying that we unfortunately can do nothing for, but even worse, sucks for her because we know she's just not feeling well and again seems there's nothing mommy and daddy can do to help.

We've tried just about everything:  baby massage techniques, Infacol drops, soothing formula (which why they don't make ALL baby formula soothing is baffling to me...), Dr. Brown's colic bottles, cool boiled water, burping her in every position possible.  We have even started thinking about doing some of the odd suggestions we get from those we talk to on colic cures...including holding her upside down or swinging her from her feet and making the sign of the cross as this is done (which kind of sounds exorcist-y...yes, that's a word).  It also reminds me of this video I saw once before and has since scarred me for life.  It's a disturbing video I will say before you watch it...be warned!  I know you'll watch anyway but I did warn you!



But, when you see this little face, it sort of makes you forget about the colic cries.



Me and Isla.

Isla and her daddy.  She's defo Barry's double.  

2 comments:

  1. She is so cute. Love the hat too! I'm not a parent but as a social worked have worked w/ many families w/ new babies and I hear the best thing is the Miracle Blanket - order one now! I swear it will help. Also try a sling! Good luck. Glad you got unpacked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable and congrats. My daughter (who is now 6) had pretty severe colic. Nothing really worked for her except walking and bouncing . We did that for hours and my arms got really toned....lol.

    ReplyDelete