Thursday, September 29, 2011

Watching grass grow

Yes, that is literally what we've been up to here--watching grass grow. You see, Barry and I thought we'd try spicing up the lives of our two cats by buying a bird feeder.  Eh, it was one of those impulse purchases you make at the £ shop (or dollar store for my American reader there :).  So, we bought a bird feeder and some seed and thought we were so smart because we were going to be providing Charlie and Fox with front row seats to a bird show right outside the bedroom window.

Boy, were we wrong.  Not a single bird came...not even a freakin' crow or pigeon and those things are EVERYWHERE!  Instead, this is what we got (see pic below)...our own personal grass garden right outside our bedroom window.  Lovely, isn't it?  For some reason, I don't think Charlie and Fox got much enjoyment from our pound shop purchase.  There's £2 we'll never see again.

1 comment:

  1. Hey hey hey, you guys are wild spicing up your life like that! haha. I totally know what you mean. We are 'watching grass grow' lately too. Or at least plants. I got a few to decorate the window and to keep me occupied a bit :)

    ReplyDelete