Monday, April 18, 2011

Angry Birds and Awkwardness

Well, I made it back to the States late Thursday night and it's been go go go ever since I landed well, that is after they found my luggage and delivered it to me.  Sheesh.  I was so excited to see my cats and I have to say that I was quite disappointed in their not-so-happy-to-see-me attitude.  Perhaps they were just a little miffed that I left them for six weeks with the person that used to be their archnemisis a.k.a. my brother. They only had eyes for him when I landed.  Little shits. No worries though, once he left, it was all eyes on me again.  They'll be wishing they'd scratched my eyes out in just a few weeks when I put their butts on an airplane and move them across the Atlantic. 

A few things I wanted to do while I was back in the States was eat some Taco Bell (which I've done twice), drink some Diet Dr. Pepper (which I've done three times), eat some Junior Mints (scarfed down a movie theater sized box already) and catch up on my favorite television shows (almost done) and drive my car (done and I'm so over that already).



What I  can't seem to get over however is my new addiction to Angry Birds.  This is so unlike me because I'm not a game person, but these damned little birds get under my skin like a flesh eating virus and all I can seem to accomplish is trying to destroy these little egg-stealing piggies.  Oh, and I was recently turned on to the website Awkward Family Photos.  Oh dear lord.  Hilarious.  Check out this picture of Mommy-the-Poo and you'll see what I mean.  I had tears running down my face from laughing so hard at this photograph.  So, I have a feeling Angry Birds and Awkward Family Photos will play a big role in me not getting back my apartment security deposit since I can't seem to find the time to clean with these two things distracting me.  Oh well. 

More bloggy awards though.  Nabo from New Life awarded me another Versatile Blogger Award.  Thanks, girl!

11 comments:

  1. There's no Dr Pepper over there?!

    Dear God...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I videotaped Woods when J came home this summer after being gone for eight weeks thinking we'd get a great reaction since J is Woods' favorite (something silly about J finding him and rescuing him and not me!) but alas, he wasn't very interested in any of that...silly cats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award!

    The Mommy the Pooh picture nearly made me spit out MY Dr. Pepper. Oh, my God...hilarious.

    Your cats will forgive you soon enough, and then they'll be pissed off all over again when you fly them to Ireland. Cats are great that way :)

    I haven't tried Angry Birds, and now I'm afraid to. I got addicted to a game called Sushi Cat not long ago, and I'm afraid of that kind of addiction happening again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Erin Dawn...nope no Dr. Pepper. It is criminal I tell you.
    @KT...I know...finicky little buggers!
    @Katie...I've not heard of this Sushi Cat...now I'm tempted to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. dont try sushi cat or i'll never see you again...what are junior mints and why have i never heard of these?...oh bejasus

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm laughing at Barry Concannon for his use of "oh bejasus" regarding Junior Mints. Aaaaaah, Junior Mints and Sprite. A winning combo.

    Can't wait for the interview Barry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm laughing at all the Taco Bell and Dr Pepper! That's exactly what I do when I get back to the States, I stuff myself with horrible (but delicious) food!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Mollie--he's also a jokester in addition to a huckster
    @Sara Louise--it is glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mommy-the-Pooh is the BEST thing ever!!! Can't wait to have a little one just so I can re-create that family picture! Soooo funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your time back in the states! Well it sounds like you already are by the sounds of it. Good luck with the travel back and those cats!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like someone has to being home some Jr.mints to the hubby! LOL

    ReplyDelete