Friday, April 8, 2011

An interview idea

I'm thinking of posting a video here.  A video of Barry...sort of an interview with the shopkeeper.  I think he has agreed to do it.  I didn't quite get a yes or no answer, but I think it was an okay whatever answer which, to me, means yes.  Sooooo, if you have any specific questions you are desperate to have answered about the life of me wee Irish shopkeeper, let me know and I'll be sure to include that in the video interview!  Keep in mind...it is a very small corner shop that sells things like newspapers, candy (or sweets...sorry.  If you're not sure what I mean by that click here.), soda (or lemonade as they would say here), cigarettes (oops, I mean fags.  Jeepers, my Irish accent is slipping today),etc. 

Let's make him talk.  :)

6 comments:

  1. I knw it sounds cliched but How did you guys met? and I want Barry's side of the story

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nabo nailed, I want to hear that too. What a cute idea. This is going to be fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is he adverse to being called a "huckster"? Or having a "huckster's shop"?

    What does he think about the idea of Northern Ireland independence?

    What does he think of Travelers? Does he know any and has he ever gone to a wedding?

    What about Gaelic? Can he speak any? If so, say "You have a big tab. Pay now willingly or I'll make you pay."

    Opinion on the Catholic Church?

    Good lord. I should just meet with him in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I love anything and everything Irish, but my mind is drawing a blank on any questions. I've always wanted to meet someone Irish, and now I'm too speechless to ask questions!

    I'm off to think about it...hopefully my brain will turn on and I'll think of something to ask!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's my question: Is everyone in Ireland's favorite book Angela's Ashes? It's like the most famous book in America about Ireland. Or at least it's the only one I'm aware of. This question seems to have gone terribly wrong and I'm now sorry.

    ReplyDelete