Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I have night eyes again

I've had terrible eyes since I was 13 years old.  I'm talking T.E.R.R.I.B.L.E. coke-bottle-glasses-type eyes.  Even with the thinnest of lenses, my glasses are still thick.  Luckily, I've been able to wear contact lenses and not had to wear these wonderful magnifying lens looking glasses in public (I'm not counting the time I developed a vicious eye infection in college and had to wear the monstrosities I called glasses then.  I'm still not over it.). So, since I don't wear my glasses in public and usually only wear them at night time when I take my contacts out, I go for several years without replacing them.  Even if they experience some trauma like the pair I currently have.

My current glasses suffered a limb loss a few years ago, but with the help of an ingenious invention called liquid cement, I was able to piece them back together to where they are usable...in private, of course. That is until recently.  I had to break down and purchase new glasses because the liquid cement trick has run its course.  There are only so many times you can break the arm off of your glasses and liquid cement them back on before it just builds up and you have a heap of old crusty dried cement that won't let anything else adhere to it.  I can't believe I'm about to do this, but I'm going to show these beauts to you.  Here they are...my private night time look.

Notice the lovely glob of dried liquid cement.  
So anyway...as you can see, it was most definitely time for a new pair.   And, a new pair I have.  Ta da! Check out these peeps here:

3 comments:

  1. Those look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new glasses! You sound like me; my glasses are from four or five years ago and are OLD dude. they've about run their course, too. :( Guess I'll have to break down and purchase new ones soon.

    ReplyDelete